View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I don't think any one of those guys you list is crazy...like I said I think more guys should be in. How about Lefty O'Doul??? That guy gave his whole life to baseball and he's not in...he even hit .349 over 11 seasons in the majors and he's not in. Consider too that he played most of his career in the PCL which at the time was probably just as good as the major leagues. Dale Murphy should go in, he was certainly one of the best players of his era. Jack Morris should go in, certainly among the top pitchers of his era.
Ah. Lefty O'doul. He's another that I think is being judged solely on his career. Based on length, I think that's why he's been passed-over. HOWEVER. He's another that I feel will eventually get some "pioneer" consideration. Due to his influence in the establishment of professional baseball in Japan. Especially with the number of Japanese players that have been coming over lately. Without O'doul, do we ever see Ichiro, Kuroda, Matsui, Darvish, Aoki, Dice-K, Nomo, Iwakuma or Tazawa? Quite possibly not.. Hell, he's even in the Japanese Hall of Fame..