View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 06:03 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

The short answer is, yes, there are others along the same line as historicimages selling photos on eBay. Some are more focused on sports images than others, but they're out there.

I would suggest rather than trying to compile an exhaustive list, if you're specifically looking for other outfits besides historicimages, just do a search, then click on the "Advanced" link in the upper right corner, scroll most of the way down the page to the "Sellers" section, check the "Only show items from:" box, change the drop-down to "Exclude", and type in the User ID's of the sellers you don't want to show up (you can do multiple ID's, just separate them with a comma).

Then do your search again, and click through to see who some of the other sellers are. There are at least a half-dozen good-sized resellers of newspaper archive photos, using a variety of usernames. Some, like historicimages, deal with "fresh to market" material straight from the archives, while others (insert shameless plug here) buy in various auctions and other venues or take consignments for re-selling on eBay. Keep your eyes open when you're searching for the kinds of photos you like, and you'll start to see some recurring seller IDs to explore.

P.S. And lest anyone think otherwise, I'm not suggesting that eliminating historicimages from your searches is a good thing in general. It's just the easiest way to address the op's question that I could think of without compiling an exhaustive list of photo sellers.