View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 03:23 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl7860 View Post
+1 about Rhys. I've always wondered is historicimages a John Rogers affiliate? They show to be out of Memphis and John is in Little Rock, but have several different seller ids and are John Rogers in size and quality
Perhaps at one time, but not any longer (I think. I know at least one of their principals reads this forum, so maybe he can chime in).

The sellers that John Rogers uses can usually be identified by the "Argenta Images" watermark that they use on the scans that they post when selling.

+1 for Rhys from me as well. I typically buy to re-sell, which usually kicks me out of his target market, but he does have that rare combination of quality material and knowledge of the subject matter. He probably also has a firmer grasp of the "true value" of the photographs he deals in than most sellers, so even if you have sticker shock when looking at his eBay store, don't be afraid to offer him a reasonable price for an off-eBay deal.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 06-15-2013 at 03:33 PM.