View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default The T206 "Exclusive 12" of the 460-Only series

Regarding the Exclusive 12 with UZIT backs....to date, only 3 of the these 12 subjects have been confirmed with the UZIT back. Recently a rumor of a 4th has been reported.
The 3 confirmed subjects are Crandall....Geyer....Sheckard. There is a report of a Russ Ford with a UZIT back (but, not yet confirmed).

Eventually, I expect all of the remainig 9 of the Exclusive 12 will be confirmed with the UZIT back. The extreme scarcity of the Exclusive 12 with the UZIT back suggests that
there may have been only one press run of these T206's with the UZIT advertisement.

In March 1911, American Lithographic (ALC) switched to printing their new Gold-Bordered series of Military Men (T80). This very colorful series of Non-Sports cards
are mostly found with TOLSTOI backs. The T80's with LENOX or UZIT backs are not rare. The T80's with OLD MILL or CAIRO MONOPOL backs are extremely rare.

My theory is that ALC Short-Printed the T206 Exclusive 12 cards with UZIT backs due to their focus on the new Gold-Bordered cards. Or perhaps, ALC just ran out of
pre-printed sheets of the Exclusive 12 cards. This is certainly possible, for as we have seen, ALC Multi-Printed the Exclusive 12 with AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 backs,
SOVEREIGN 460 backs....and, to a limited degree, the red HINDU backs.

In any event, since Crandall, Geyer, and Sheckard exist with UZIT....I feel confident we will eventually discover more of the Exclusive 12 with UZIT backs (since this
group of twelve T206's were printed on the same sheet).

TED Z
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

LOOKING for these T206 guys to complete my AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 sub-set (75 cards)

AMES (hands over head)....CAMNITZ (hands over head)....CRAWFORD (bat)....DOYLE (portrait)
McGRAW (portrait-cap)....McQUILLAN (bat)....TINKER (bat off)....WILTSE (portrait-cap)