View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 03:26 PM

I mean cards have only really been expensive for the past 10 years or 15 years. Before that they were worthless. What drove the prices up? I think it was older collectors getting back into collecting to be in touch with some aspect of their childhood and with higher incomes than they ever had before, along with wider access via the internet. At least that's my opinion.

People my age aren't going to be nostalgic about anything. Maybe they'll long for the days of flip phones and MySpace, but I don't think today's world allows for nostalgia like it used to. I try to think of things that I would return to from my childhood of the early 90s and I can't think of anything.

I'm naturally interested in history and I like baseball. But there aren't too many other people like me in my circle. Or maybe I just don't know where they are. I can't see any of my friends collecting cards for any reason for the rest of their lives. If they return to the things from their past, my guess is it will be old electronics.

Last edited by packs; 07-05-2013 at 03:28 PM.