View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Bill Gregory

I agree with Brock in principle. Bryce isn't worthy of an All Star selection this year because he missed too much time, and doesn't have the numbers. The kid is going to be a perennial selection, but he didn't earn it this year.

But you know what, guys? I'm not too upset that he's going to be there, either, especially after reading this article. In fact, I'm more excited to watch the game because I know he will be there. Bryce might launch a 460 foot home run, or catch a fly ball at the warning track, and throw somebody out on the fly trying to score from third. The All Star Game is about recognizing the greats of the game, but it's also supposed to be entertaining (otherwise, we could just select a team, and not play the game). The game's going to be more fun to watch because Harper plays the game like Pete Rose used to play the game. He gives 100% effort every play, and if I were a dad wanting to show my son how the game was supposed to be played, he'd be the perfect example. Bryce Harper's effort, and his heart, honors the game itself, as well as the greats that have come before him.

By the way, very nice Harper cards, guys

I'll share two more of my favorites, as it's not often I get to share my cards here, because I don't have any vintage or pre war yet to speak of:

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 07-07-2013 at 10:13 AM.