View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
At a time in the not so distant past, wrappers were thought to have little if any value. One might surmise that used wax wrappers could only be used to rewrap cards and then sell them as unopened packs. This would NOT be the fault of the seller. There is nothing wrong with selling your own plastic holders and flips, and indeed one day they might have some collectible value.

I don't think this seller, member or not, is doing anything wrong. I also think he is letting us all know that tpg services don't care or give a shite about the whole security issue. If they did the tpg's would want the used flips and slabs off the market. Obviously they don't.

I realize I am in the minority here, just don't think the guy trying to prove a point, (about the lack of concern of tpg's) and trying to recoup some funds by seeling off the Potentially collectible flips and slabs is wrong.

OK....let's hear it! Dave.
Actually, I have some hand cut Koester bread cards that I sent to SGC for grading. They returned them with a flip having NNO designation packaged in between the plastic holders but not encapsulated. I took the cases and put the NNO flip in like a normal card as all I was interested in was for display. If I went to sell the cards, I would remove them before sale so to not misrepresent TPG grading.

My other option which I may do is send these cards to PSA for grading and have an official grade. Either way I would not sell these cards as SGC graded.