View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
I sold an incredible PSA 7 Patsy Doughery Mello-Mint through an auction house this Spring. Population prior to that sale was 1 PSA 2. I was hoping for strong action as the set, and that player within the set are fairly scare. I was disappointed in the hammer price...perhaps the issue just isn't that popular....
If I have said it once I have said it a million times . The demand side of the equation is far more important, in our space, than the supply side for determining value. Yes, they both have a bearing on the value side of the equation, however the demand side is much more important.

But to the original questions, I have my opinion in RED. - then a more common HOF'er picked up raw on ebay, 10+ yrs ago...

There are 6 cards that PSA has the only graded copy and 4 cards that only SGC has graded. This leads me to the rest of my questions on this set. First, what percentage of Mello-Mints are graded? 25% & debateable Is there the presumption that more will surface as they were distributed only in Texas or are we done? I would think there has to be a few more residing in that big state hidden away. I think more will surface. Lipset wrote all cards were equal in population, but these numbers beg to differ 35 years and an internet later. I have seen very few raw examples in the past couple years. Would this have to rank as one of the impossible sets? Almost Nothing is impossible Are there any set collectors hiding out there? Yes, not me. I know there has been a couple member here that tried and stopped and another couple more that I thought were attempting this massive feat. Any input, pics or help would be more than appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pe105lajoie.jpg (78.3 KB, 268 views)