View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Mike Navarro

Travis typed: "Mike, you criticize me and a few others that show these mistakes, and you wish we wouldn't."

I reply: Travis, I don't recall ever indicating that I wish you wouldn't. Quite frankly, I find a lot of your posts entertaining for various reasons. By all means, post all you want to, type your fingers off. If I wished you wouldn't post, I would simply block you, it's not hard to do. Out of curiousity, which others did I criticize? I know it wasn't Mark O., as his posts are usually quite informative with detailed illustrations and what appears to be a fairly large exemplar database, and appears to be well organized at that. Usually when he posts, he does a good job of backing things up.

Travis typed: "But think about it, just when did psa start this "no opinion due to a lack of exemplars"? It only started happening just about 1 year ago, before that I cannot remember them ever saying that on a boxing autograph. Why is that?"

I reply: I thought I already addressed that in one of my replies earlier, perhaps you missed it with the flurry of replies you were typing. Here, I'll put it here again. I typed "Perhaps you are making a difference Travis (not Mr. Roste) ?"

Travis typed: "It's because we held their feet to the fire. We made it better for collectors by pressuring psa and jsa to do the right thing and not just hand out a cert for the Tom, Dick and Harry boxing autographs. But thanks for slamming us for helping the collector in this way."

I reply: You are welcome I guess. I didn't slam you for doing that, I slammed you for railing on PSA/DNA for not certing the Martin Julian autograph, which I found to be a direct contradiction to when you slam them for certing without exemplars.

Travis typed: "And when psa SHOULD issue a cert to an autograph that easily has exemplars avaiable, but instead say there is none, I am going to hold their feet to the fire for those too, because they refused to do a modicum of work to find them. 2 minutes on the internet on a a g00gle search to find Martin Julian's signature on his own letterhead and on a fight contract is not asking too much."

I reply: I'll make a note to do a google search next time I need exemplars, and another note to make myself realize that 2 minutes is all it takes to establish images I find on google as reliable exemplars. Just as an FYI, I've seen forgeries on legitimate letterhead and on contracts signed by proxies. Just because items are on letterhead and/or contracts does not necessarily make them legitimate as I'm sure you know. Perhaps the ones for Martin Julian are legit, I've got no idea as I've never googled him/her and don't plan on starting.

Have a good night,

Mike