View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Bill Gregory

Ya, Rob, anybody who was expecting more magic last night was in for a disappointment.

The Giant pitchers have driven me crazy in fantasy baseball. Last year I had Lincecum, who imploded. This year, I drafted Bumgarner and Cain. Bumgarner has been quite good (with a few bad starts here and there), but Cain has been awful. Just when you think he's getting back on track, he has a serious brain fart.

I actually like the idea of making Lincecum a closer. The guy's still got nasty stuff. His heater is down a few ticks, but the first time or two through the lineup, he's usually good. It's that third pass that usually kills him--at least in the games I've watched him. Out of the pen as a closer, he could basically turn a game into eight innings.

Cain will rebound. Bumgarner is great. I was surprised they traded away Zack Wheeler when they did. But their loss is going to be New York's gain. The Mets starting rotation with Harvey, Wheeler and Noah Syndergaard is going to be downright nasty. I mean filthy.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.