View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Scott

Default Ummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Maybe, maybe not. If a Net54 member was prepared to bid at or more than what some cards sold for, then sure that person would have made a difference. If the only bids he was going to place were at the opening or for half of market value, then I doubt he would have impacted results all that much.

There are plenty of dealers out there -- who don't rely on banner ads to know when major auctions houses are doing business -- who place plenty of bids at lower and middle levels to ensure most lots aren't going to be absolute steals. Auction houses don't need Net54 members to place those bids.

I can say that I placed $10,000 in bids in an auction, which sounds impressive, but the reality could be that I didn't impact the selling prices one bit.

I'll stand my guess that serious buyers know when major auctions hold their sales. And the fact that this particular auction wasn't helped by its timing.

That being said, I think if this auction house spent $150 a month with you, it would be a fantastic win-win for both sides.

....anyone who is anyone (whales included) are on net54....

It has also, attracted a good amount of PSA Board members who leave that site for greener pastures....

This is the place to see and been seen....

It's starts with the moderators who are active, fair, watchful......

So it seems clear, that if an Auction house wanted to find its ideal customer, they don't have to look past this site..simple

Last edited by ScottFandango; 07-26-2013 at 06:04 PM.