View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I played little league ball through middle school. My distinction was two all-star teams and led the league in hbp twice...I liked to crowd the plate a bit. As a freshman in high school, I played one year of baseball. I quit after getting hit by a pitch from Rod Beck who was two years ahead of me. He was insane even in high school. I moved on to basketball after that and played basketball in high school, college, and the hollywood entertainment league until I was 32.

My father on the other hand played high school ball and college ball and then took off for 20 years. At age 41 he decided to try out for a 30 and over fast pitch league. He did not make it. The next year he hired an ex-major leaguer to coach him. At age 43 he tried out again and was drafted by a team. He played fast pitch baseball in that 30 and over league here in Southern California until he was 63 years old. He played third base and pitched. He played against ex-major and minor league players (he loves to brag he got two hits off of Oil Can Boyd in a game) and college players. Proud of him!

Joshua