View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 11:39 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Leon, didn't say you said that it was Scott who made the comment "anyone who is anyone is on this board".

Leon no need to be defensive about your business model. I'm not asking you to justify the merit of why someone would advertise on net54 I can see the value for some folks.

My discussion here was more that not everyone who is a collector, investor or has a nice collection is a member of Net54 or any other forum nor do they have to be. Saying something like "anyone who is anyone is a member" I felt was naive and uninformed. I think you would agree perhaps not.

In terms of ROI with costs of $150-450 bucks a month for an ad it's hardly about ROI. If anything it's more about PR. Those numbers for any auction house worth a salt ends up as a rounding error not a serious investment in advertising with ROI concerns IMO.

Cheers,

John

P.S. I think saying that anyone who doesn't see the value in advertising on here is a bumbling idiot, isn't the best way to win them over as a customer. Obviously Greg feels he can pass on placing ads hardly makes the man a bumbling idiot just a potential future customer.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 07-27-2013 at 11:50 PM.