View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Jason Stricker

As I've shared before, my wife calls Net54 and baseball card collecting in general the 'other woman'. So whenever I'm in my office or online, she says I'm with 'Baseball Card Girl'. It's all fun and games; she's never upset over it.

And for the record, as some of you may have read on my site, she's the main reason I got back into collecting. While I don't think she realized just how much I'd get back into it at the time, she's been supportive. She came to the spring Chantilly show with me, she looks at some of my cards when they come in the mail and will listen to me talk about a few cool pickups now and then. When I finished my T206 set, she overheard me telling a dealer that I wasn't sure what to collect next. So, she looked at his cards and picked out a few that she thought were 'neat' and suggested I collect them as well. While I didn't agree with her suggestion, I thought it was super cool she'd do that.

Even though I'm selling off a large portion of my collection to fund a new house purchase, she's not happy that I'm getting rid of them because she 'knows how much joy and happiness' they bring me.

While cards can be quite expensive, there are a lot worse ways you can spend your time!