View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM

Fondest memory for me was my last Little League at bat. I was in the Senior League (15 or 16) and stunk all year. I couldn't hit anything. As luck would have it, on the final game of the season, with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th (we only played 7 innings), I step up to the plate with two men on. My team was down by 1 run. Everything clicked for me and I hit a seeing eye single right over the shortstop's head. My teamate scored the tying run and we won when the pitcher threw a wild pitch to the next hitter.

Another great moment was meeting Mariano Rivera when I was going into 6th grade. This was the summer of 1995. The Yankees had a homestand and the baseball camp I was attending, Frozen Ropes, arranged for a mystery Yankee to come to the camp and meet with the kids. Low and behold that mystery Yankee turned out to be none other than a rookie named Mariano Rivera. He came over and spoke to us for a few minutes about what it was like to be a Yankee and took the time to sign autographs for all of us.

Even then, before he was anything, he was the nicest guy you can imagine.

Last edited by packs; 07-31-2013 at 04:01 PM.