View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 07:11 PM

I followed Jordan's career from his college days, and have spent quite a bit of time studying his autographs, the different styles and the time period he signed with those different styles.

As one poster previously posted, rareair23.com can be a very good resource to learn from. Although the owner of the site doesn't keep it updated any more and some of the pages don't come up.

Just to touch on a couple of things that are wrong with your Jordan, the angle of the M is way off as well as the J being way too flat and the complete wrong angle. What might be the biggest give away, for the time period you sent it TTM would have been about the time he was transitioning from the "full J" to I guess what you would call the open J. And even during that time period, his IP autographs would be a single stroke from Michael to the J.
Yours has full name written out and Jordan stopped doing that around late 1987 UNLESS it was for something special or he knew you. Then you might get a full every letter signature.

Other than those things, the one you have just looks too labored and has no real flow that an authentic Jordan would have.

Anybody who authenticates autographs can not always be 100% positive about authenticity, but with this one, I am 100% sure.