View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 07:37 AM

Default A few notes from a first timer at the Nationals

Was there all day Friday and most the day Saturday. A few things I noticed.

1. If you want to look everything over real good then 2 days is barely enough.

2. 70% of dealers were real nice, 20% indifferent, 10% seemed to not even want to be there or cared if they sold a thing.

3. Most people I tried to deal with had decent prices or could be talked down to decent prices, some were so thru the roof it was comical.

4. The Net54 dinner was fun with great speakers and Leon did a great job.

5. Leon reminds me of the comedian David Koechner

6. Funniest thing I seen was a young guy ask a dealer if he had a graded card labeled wrong at $225 because VCP was about $65. The dealer then said you cant find this card anywhere in the country at that price and the kid got out his phone and told him he could show him 6 that has sold for that in the last 90 days. No deal was done.

7. Worst thing I seen was a young kid run up to his dad with a huge smile on his face with a 1971 Johnny Bench in his hand that he just bought proud as a peacock. His dad asked him what he paid for it and then tongue lashed him for 90 seconds for spending too much for that card. Price the boy paid? $20. Wanted to give the Dad his $20 back myself if I could choose where I got to stick it.

8. Was my first but wont be my last, anyone who has always wanted to go but never have I advise to make it happen next year by nook or by crook.