View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I have no animosity towards anyone at all in this thread. I have a feeling that Legendary might do their scans normally at a higher resolution. So much so it makes the cards look different. I won the E221 Bishops card from them about a year or two ago, from the Drier collection. It looked bright and sharp with very few creases on it, from the scan on the screen. When I got it in hand it was quite different. It was darker and more creases showed. I still liked it and kept it....but before I got it I even told Mark Mac.rae, on the phone, I thought it looked almost Ex in condition. I felt kind of dumb when I got it and it was in fair (but still nice) condition. I think they need to change their settings on their scanners. I told Doug about it but still wanted the card. I am not saying they are doing anything bad, intentionally, but they do need to scan on different, more realistic settings. I like everyone over at Legendary, personally, and I hope everything gets worked out soon. best regards
But Doug just said above he's never had a complaint about this issue in the 5 years Legendary has been in business. Doug -- probably best to either shut up or stop lying at this point -- assuming that's possible.