View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Pa.ul Mat.is.ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
That might be a whole other thread...what are most set collectors range of condition? I HATE any type of creases...don't mind soft corners...the only miscuts I hate are when another card is showing, although I look for centering when I can. My sets are primarily EX and the slightest crease the card must go. There is a part of me that would like to grade and register a set, like my 66's would be high, but I would rather invest that kind of money into more cards...that's just me.
This describes me exactly. Fuzzy corners are acceptable. Creases NO WAY. I'll tolerate 99/1 centering but not miscuts with the other card showing or diamond/tilted cuts. In fact in the past month, I purchased a '59 Topps Willie Mays All-Star for $29 that had 1/99 centering side-to-side, but otherwise great corners, nice vivid color, a perfect card in every other way. Only 16 to go on my 59 set!

I also agree that '71 is toughest of the 70s, but don't dismiss the difficulty of the '75s. Those colors are tough on the corners too.