View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Jeff P0tter

One of the things I would find most useful (and this is one of the things I love most about everyone here), is the huge depth of knowledge in some very small details, combined. Let me explain it in another way. As many have stated, finding exemplars is not too hard, what is really hard sometimes is finding enough exemplars for something very specific (meaning, some known exemplars of Mantles signature in 1954 vs what it looked like in 1955-1957, as it changed a little bit each year until he settled in). It takes quite a bit more digging for me to find multiple examples of a specific year that I can rely on. And contracts and checks, etc don't always cut it if it's on a ball for example. That is why I love when people post a signature that they have definitely dated to a certain day or even year.

The thing is, I am just not so sure that a forum environment is the best avenue for this, logistically. I personally have thousands upon thousands of signatures saved I have either owned or reviewed, but that is more like having an archive type of site to put them on.