View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 08:20 AM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

I guess you'd have to consider me a Matt Harvey fan. I go to most of his home starts, and I have a transcript of WFAN broadcaster Howie Rose's call of his very first pitch in the majors. But even *I* have to say this is ridiculous!

At the MLB All-Star Fanfest last month, in the Authenticated Game-Used Memorabilia section of the MLB Clubhouse Store, they were asking $1,000 for this game-used baseball from Matt Harvey's Major League Debut.

But wait, there's more!

At the Amazin' Memorabilia kiosk at Citi Field on July 21, they had game-used baseballs from the Home Run Derby, attributed as to player and out. There was also a Matt Harvey autographed baseball, but I didn't think much of it at the time - the Home Run Derby balls were the star of this shot.

It wasn't until later that I noticed the label on the Harvey ball's cube, indicating that the ball was from his Major League Debut. So the next time I went to a game I went to the kiosk, and since the ball was no longer on display - I don't know if it was sold, or just in storage - I showed them the picture, which was still in my camera, and asked how much they were asking for it.

$2,000.

That's right.

Two thousand dollars.

'Nuff said.