View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Disclaimer: I am no expert in baseball HOF'er signatures. I recall seeing a few Dean's in person years ago and may have owned an index card or such signature in the mid 1980's. My greatest knowledge is Olympians, especially early ones.

I looked at it before reading any of the comments, which I usually do, to see if I can tell. At least half the time on these I am incorrect. There were several things that struck me as odd about this one. First is the downstroke on the first ‘D’. It was done twice, though what appears to be the first one would have given it a large loop. Also, as the loop goes over the top and approaches the top of the downstroke the line dips and there is also a stop, barely perceptible, but seems to be there. That loop also does not look smooth, but done slowly and thought out.

There is something about the tail of the ‘y’ that strikes me as odd, but that may just be me.

There is also something about the second ‘D’ that seems odd. There is a dip in the top of the loop just past the start of the first downstroke that looks like some hesitation. Also, that back part of the ‘D’ reminds me of the crystal skull in ‘Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull’. It seems that he had a signature with a lot of flair, but looks like someone was trying to copy it and could not.

As I said in the beginning: No expert on HOFers, but this is how I learn so please be kind. I usually just read the comments. Thought I would offer a perspective on this one.