View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Bill Gregory

After restitution was made, I don't see how the FBI allowed this website to remain online. Chan went to extraordinary lengths to defraud the public, and yet it seems beyond the money he was forced to give back, he got off scot- free. I didn't see a mention of any jail time in the discussions I read today, so who's to say he won't try something like this again? Where's the deterrent? It took an incredible collaborative effort from John, Dan, Jim, Robert Lifson at REA, Brian Dwyer at SGC, and the FBI to uncover and provide conclusive evidence of Patrick Chan's illegal enterprise.

I know on the vintage links page we have trusted dealers, auction houses, historical & educational sites, and member pages. But should we have a list of questionable or potentially dangerous sites and sellers? A list with a simple caveat emptor would prove most helpful I would think.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.