View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 04:06 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
I get the whole "some fraudster may reseal them" but the seller is not offering them up for that and we can't hang the guy because no wrong has been done. Seems like he is trying to recoup some money from the box he busted. Just my $.02
I disagree. It would be like me taking out an ad in the paper that says. "For Sale: Meth Ingredients." To sell the ingredients individually (or even together) is not illegal - kind of like the wrappers, gum and box. But what’s done with them is illegal. To sell wax wrappers, gum and an empty box knowing what somebody is more than likely to do with them is immoral, just like selling meth ingredients knowing what somebody is going to do with them. What if it were your kid that cooked the meth and OD? Would your opinion change? Would you still say it's my right to sell the ingredients and put the onus on your kid, or do you think I should share in the responsibility for selling your kid the ingredients in the first place?

Maybe it’s a bad analogy, but I think you get the point which is sometimes the seller has to assume some of the responsibility when they have a pretty good idea that what they’re selling is not going to be used for a purpose that is good.