Thread: ...
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
I have talked to Sean several times and sold him a deal or two in the past. He is young and has a lot to learn, but he is a good kid and has the drive and enthusiasm the hobby needs. As far as Gizmo, I have had one conversion over the phone calling him out on selling fake Fro Joy Ruths on eBay years ago. I am sure my conversation was a similiar as Sean's. This does not let Sean off of the hook.....Sean, you need to just chalk this up as experience and tuition for the learning and stick to buying from sources you trust and you know how they grade. If a deal is too good to be true then it just is. Do not let this jerk discourage you from the hobby. Purchase from trustworthy sources and you should never have a big loss like this again.

Jason
Great advice....I prefer to start dealing with someone on a smaller scale and work to a larger scale. In the mid 2000s (2003-06), I had a (retiring?) dealer wholesale to me large dollar amounts of cards(via monthly transactions) with the payment and shipment sizes increasing as my trust grew....eventually, after about 2.5 years I completed buying out most all of his inventory. I have developed 3 others similar relationships since and each has followed the same path. In each of these cases I have had no disappointments and have been very pleased with my dealings taking this approach, as honesty was established before any large amounts of money were exchanged.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 09-12-2013 at 10:35 AM.