View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 PM

I have something that I thought I would share - it was purchased from a relative of CHALMER CISSELL - this album came along with a team signed baseball from the white sox. I also got a game used hat of his when he played with cleveland - his suitcase - many on the field passes - a personal scrapbook of his life and career including charity events, box scores, babe ruth mentions, etc...it had a mini bat of babe ruth in the suitcase, some large media photos when he played with the hollywood stars amongst other info. If any of you do not know the story of CISSELL I challenge you to research him it is truly an interesting story how much Comiskey gave at the time for his rights (it was a league record) scotts had him pegged as the a cross between all the greats - from honus wagner to hornsby to whoever else.... he was in the MVP voting early in his career (after being shaky to start) but drank himself out of the league....and out of life....so poor at the end that Comiskey paid for his funeral....anyway there is some great stuff in his scrapbook too - and some of his quotes including how the burden Comiskey placed on him by paying the kings ransom for his rights was really the cause of his ruin - because he felt so much pressure to live up to it and said that since he was paid so much the White Sox never had a real chance to develop him but had to throw him in the fire from the start....

Anyway, the album that I included a few really crappy pics of has about 30 photos of the 31 white sox - these are all commissioned by Comiskey and done by George Burke whos studio stamp is on the back of the album. About 25 of the 30 photos are signed including the HOF's ......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ws1.jpg (75.1 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg ws2.jpg (65.0 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg ws3.jpg (65.4 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg ws4.jpg (71.0 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg ws5.jpg (66.4 KB, 290 views)