View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Matt

Default Let's See Some Collection "Top Tens"

So seeing how we are all collectors, I just realized that so many times we are viewing our cards as singular additions (i.e., monthly pickup, auction-specific pickup, or player/set-specific threads).

One aspect of assembling a collection that I've always found satisfying is how the whole can feel so much greater than the parts viewed separately. In other words, it's great seeing a grouping of awesome cards that have become part of one collection-- not unlike a murderer's row-style lineup of great hitters, that lineup becomes its own impressive thing, beyond the hitters examined discretely. Each are impressive on their own, but when you realize a team has all that talent, it takes on a new light.

Anyways, with that in mind, thought it could be cool to see not just the usual one or two, but up to say ten scans of cards from different collections, which would give people a sense of the character or personality of the collection. Could be any cards, for any reason selected to represent a collection.

Of course this would be scan-heavy, but those are my favorite threads-- to me what it's all about. Hence why I love browsing those collection gallery websites now and then.