View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Matt

Thanks, yes, was just amped and posting from iPhone at the time. Mean regular size as opposed to mini. I once had both in 10, but sold them to chase a Ruth RC, and was eager to find two strong 9s. The mini came up first, and the reg size version had eluded me. So many people doing that set and on the registry you have Brett guys, set guys, and HOF rc guys, that the auction action can take a good one over 2k on a good (or would it be bad? Depends if buyer or seller!) day. Hence was pumped to see a BIN. Was my second lucky BIN after the CJ Cobb that lasted on ebay all of like ten seconds, lol.

VCP shows how strong the action is Brett 9s have been getting, even for examples with less than stellar centering for the grade.

That case on the other one mentioned is fine; top/bottom not the best example for the grade but looks strong in all other respects.

Many cases come with cloudy patches right off the press. Tampering/frosting is more about an entire continuous edge of the case having that look. Hope that helps.

Actually, looking harder at that one listed and linked above, I'm surprised it did not get an OC qualifier? I know the angled can can distort the look of centering, but there is precious little green real estate above the ROYALS. If I subbed that I'd definitely get an OC with my luck.

Last edited by MattyC; 10-20-2013 at 12:15 PM.