View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM
N.ate A.dams

The "free" submission isn't all that free. First, it is essentially what you're paying for with your Collector's Club membership ($130 or $190), and one does have to pay for shipping there and back. The way they are advertising it is that it is just like any other submission, and is a "Thank you" to the consumer for signing up for direct grading privileges.

Oh, and Derek: beautiful Helmar stamps...heck of a collection there! I especially enjoy that Evers was the cover photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
I originally thought this was going to be a "feel good" story....after all the attention Joe paid to your "free" submission. Aside from the banishment from the boards and suspension from PSA membership, what else should he have been expected to do???

I half expected this to end w/ them putting your now NM card back into a PSA 8.5 holder to make things better!!

Certainly the response to you was poor, but put yourself in his shoes. He got $0 from you, spent lots of his time (at least more than a commoner), and now he needs to cut you a big check to make you whole. Not a good day for him. The threat of lawyers now getting involved would be the icing on the cake if I were him!

Matt, I would hate to be in your position too and would likely have responded in a similar fashion!!

FWIW, I have never submitted anything to PSA and don't know anyone who works there.

Last edited by npa589; 10-28-2013 at 04:52 PM.