View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Scott, I think your'e off on this one...the auction is in New York, JR's IP address is in Los Angeles, and if you look at JR's profile you see his ebay ID which also shows items listed from Los Angeles. Not everyone is up to date with the junk flowing through our hobby. You looked at this right away and saw it was fake, but you specialize in photographs.
Dan, I don't know what you mean by your last sentence. I do specialize in photographs, but I also have one of the largest cabinet card collections on this board. Yes, I did look at it right away and saw that it was a fake.

Regarding IP address locations, the OP stated at one point that possibly 'his' price was to high, indicating that he had set up this auction for 'his uncle'. He has since removed that information, but based on his statements I thought that he had put up this auction for 'his uncle'. If that's not the case, then my apologies. Clearer communication would help.

In any event, as you know, these types of items pop up on ebay all the time, and the sellers pop in here all the time to gather validation for their item;e.g-Commiskey, young Honus Wagner, etc.,etc. They generally fail at such attempts. It doesn't bother me at all when such items show up on ebay - it's just part of the game. But when they show up here, on a legitimate board, it is irritating. The fact that some forum members think this piece is legitimate is even more disturbing, but I'll bow out at this point and let you all continue to discuss it, unimpeded.

Also, Dan - I'm not making any assumptions about your own thoughts about this item, so please don't take offense. Thanks.