View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Ma.tt Lan.dry

To me, the big issue here is favoritism and conflict of interest. A big part of the crack and submit game is the risk involved with damaging the card during the crack out, and the risk of potentially getting a lower grade. Factor in higher grading fee's for high value cards and crack and submit can be a risky game.

In this case, the OP had a relationship with the President of PSA and because of that relationship he received favorable treatment. There was no risk of a downgrade because PSA had the slabs. PSA was going to crack the cards and assume the risk (realized) of a damaged card. Furthermore the regular fee's and process were bypassed. I get why Joe was pissed with the OP's reaction - he was doing the OP a huge favour.

This just re-enforces that retail submitter's like me have no chance, the game is rigged. My cards need to go on separate orders, with separate shipping and they are handled by a random grader.

The OP's cards are graded for free and handled personally by the President of the company.

I'm not into all the conspiracy theories that pop up on these boards but the grading process is far too loose This wouldn't be an issue if there wasn't so much money involved.

Frankly I'm amazed that the President of PSA is this involved in the day to day grading of cards... in this case it bit him in the ass, he took on a stupid amount of risk for no obvious upside. How many submitter's are there out there like the OP that have a relationship with Joe and get favours? The process lacks integrity.