View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM

To those who say posting on these boards isn't getting anything done about these problems, my response is just think of all the new people who come to these boards and read about this crap and learn that it is going on. Just because the scammers aren't being arrested, tried, convicted and imprisoned doesn't mean there isn't some good that comes out of these posts.

I can see a person (especially a young person) being interested in pre - war and/or graded cards getting taken by one or two of these scammers and then decide to give this whole hobby up and never come back. How much does THAT hurt the ability for us to sell OUR stuff when the time comes?

On the flip side, I can imagine a person wanting to collect pre - war and/or graded cards and they find this forum, read these threads and they get educated on this crap and don't fall for it. They then feel better about themselves and WANT to stay engaged in this hobby.

Finally, for those who say they are tired of Peter posting about this stuff and why doesn't HE do something about it. The questions are, 1) why do you continue to read and post a response if you don't like what Peter is writing and 2) why don't YOU do something about it?

By some people's responses, it sounds as if Peter is some pee on that is just shouting into the wind while they are a heavy hitter that could get something done IF they wanted to. Well, either get something done to stop or curb these messes OR stop complaining about guys like Peter who are bringing these situations to our attention.

David

Last edited by ctownboy; 10-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.