View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashousegang_1 View Post
Great Topic. I flat out just don't like baseball cards...I much prefer the memorabilia side of it. And, as a bargain hunter its much easier to find memorabilia at a good price as opposed to baseball cards imho. I'm sure there are baseball card bargains to be found but it just seems like everyone always overvalues their baseball cards when they sell at like Flea Markets, Auctions, Antique stores, garage sales etc... I'm not talking about the knowledgeable collectors on here I just am referring to sellers thinking their cards are worth a ton...especially newer 1980s to present cards. When friends or family ask what I collect I always tell them "Anything Vintage except for Baseball Cards".
I figured Id ask since it seems like the majority of people are into cards. I personally like both, but feel that having memorabilia is more enjoyable to collect. Theres so many cool things out there to collect and the market now especially with newer cards is ridiculous. Theres all these 1/1's that are going for thousands more than vintage cards of proven hall of famers. I recently got hooked on vintage photos and really appreciate the photography side of it and knowing that I have a actual original photo from that era