View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 08:12 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by repsher View Post
I was only able to land a couple of cheap George Burke negatives of Mickey Cochrane and Early Wynn. If I had landed everything I bid on I'd probably be divorced by now.

Hey Lance - I'm just noticing now that I'm not seeing the usual Burke/Brace catalog markings on these negatives. What are your thoughts about that?
Of the Burke negatives that I've handled, many had the file coding, but there were a good number that did not. The presence of the coding is a good indicator that the photo was shot by Burke or Brace, but the absence of it does not preclude it from being their work. My guess, and this is just a guess, would be that the negatives without coding weren't the ones he pulled for producing prints of those players when they were requested. If the negative got filed in that player's folder (or envelope, or whatever he used) and was never pulled out to make a print, no need to identify which folder it should be returned to. Again though, that's just conjecture.