View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Jeff C.

Great summary Bob. I would like to add a thought previously danced around by Barry. Look at all of the HOFers that Baby Boomers had to collect during their youth. Names that are uttered in reverence and awe. Now look at the HOFers or future HOFers of the modern era. Not very many with the same type of or better stats than those of yesteryear. Except for the hobby darlings (Ripken, Ryan, and Jeter) no other recent or future HOFer has the same luster. Who would you rather collect? Koufax or Blyleven? Aside from the business part of the hobby (shops, shows, card manufacturers, investors, etc.), I agree that baseball has faded somewhat as the national pastime and has been overtaken by football (thanks Pete Rozelle for the TV contract). I just don't believe that football cards or any other sport will ever be as popular as baseball cards simply because the foundation isn't strong enough. I'm 40, sober, and collect cards.

By the way, Daryl that is the best 88 Donruss card I've ever seen. I hope you have it in your set registry.

Last edited by deucetwins; 11-06-2013 at 06:00 PM.