View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:00 AM

Default Intriguing Carl Yastrzemski Autograph

I've gone through probably at least a thousand old autograph albums in my life and stumbled across this the other day. Can only imagine what transpired the day it was signed.

First its unique in that the book it came out of was date specific to 1961. Some of the players that signed the book only played one season and a few dated the pages 1961, I'm guessing early 1961 because there were several minor leaguers in the book that never made the cut. Its one of the earliest Yaz signatures I've ever seen.

1961 was Carl Yastrzemski's ROOKIE year , So here is a 21 year old future Hall of Famer signing Roberta's autograph book. Cool in and of itself ...BUT has his mother, father and brother sign it too ?????

He grew up on his mother and father's potato farm eventually playing sandlot ball with his dad. Yaz always maintained that his father was a better athlete then he was.

I've seen a few album pages signed by the player and wife but never the whole family and especially a rookie most likely in spring training. Thought it was cute and wanted to share it.

Vintage Autographs For Sale Daily on my web site
stinsonsports.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961yaz 001.jpg (77.2 KB, 380 views)