Thread: Conlon Type 2
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:47 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Aren't all of the photos John Rogers creates from Conlon negatives and sells, technically 'Type II'?
Something that I hadn't thought of until just now, with all this talk of what scanners to use for slides and negatives: What would a print produced by scanning an original negative and then printing from the digital file be considered as far as Type classification? I'm thinking it's actually very similar to a wire photo process (though with better-looking results), so it would be a Type III or IV (depending on how far removed from the date of the original shot), right? What with the print being produced through an intermediary process rather than directly from the negative and all, whereas to be a Type I or II, it would have to be printed directly from the negative (i.e. a "wet print" vs. a digital print).

I don't know what process John Rogers' guys use (never looked into it), so none of these wandering thoughts are intended to reflect on him. I guess it would depend on his method of print production as to what Type those modern prints are considered.