View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:48 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

There can be honest reasons for placing a majority of bids with one seller and for retracting bids. As Adrian showed us, some people are more OCD than others.

When I was an active bidder, there were always a few sellers who I regularly checked on to see what the had-- because they always had good stuff and I trusted them. I'm sure a large percentage of my bids were with them.

I don't recall ever retracting a bid once. In fact, I don't know that I even knew I could retract. I may have assumed you couldn't do that.

My one good story is years back when Mastro had weekly auctions and you typed in your bids, I accidentally typed in $15,000 instead of $1,1500 with about ten minutes left. I didn't know what to do-- I wasn't planning on paying $15,000, but my bid wasn't raised so there was no issue.

I've never shilled, I've never ended an auction when there was one or more bids, but have ended early auctions where there were no bids. I felt it was always my right to end an auction where no one had placed the minimum bid.