View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
There can be honest reasons for placing a majority of bids with one seller and for retracting bids. As Adrian showed us, some people are more OCD than others.
OCD is a legitimate reason, but no honest reason I can think of for a seller not blocking such bidders from their auctions. I too have accidentally added an extra '0' to a bid, but I don't recall ever retracting one, even for a legitimate mistake.

Some hobbyists can live in their own skin with what others would consider to be huge integrity problems. Those same people are amazed when the rest of us consider them to be lacking in integrity. Tough luck - they can't blame us for trying to help maintain a higher level of integrity in our hobby through threads like this. The idea that we basically have to keep our mouth shut unless we can prove guilt in a court of law, is absurd.

Ebay has found a loophole where they think they can legally allow cheating by manipulating their rules, thus increasing their profits. For now it's working, but it's wrong, and our best recourse is this forum...public exposure.