View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 03:20 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Thank you for the feedback, guys. I've decided to keep it. And here's why.

First of all, when all the facts are weighed, the seller did what they were supposed to do. Their policy was clearly stated-a return is offered for 14 days if the item received is not as described. And well, it was described accurately. It arrived quickly, it was well protected, and it was exactly as it was portrayed. It was graded very good by PSA, and that's how the auction was presented. Though Ebay might have changed how images are displayed on an auction or buy it now item, it doesn't matter, because the seller provided three super high resolution images that showed the card front and back. It would have only taken me a few more seconds to scroll down and make sure that I saw everything there was to see. I didn't. They met their obligation, and then some. It's not the seller's fault that I found the card only twenty minutes before the auction ended. Nobody was holding a gun to my head, forcing me to obligate myself. And that was certainly not the only Fred Clarke T206 I'll ever see on Ebay. I could have passed, but I decided to enter a bid.

I'm a man of integrity, and ultimately, as Cory said on his thread about his encounter with Striker, my word, and my reputation, is far more important to me than a hundred bucks. I could have accepted a discounted refund, but that means the seller has to go to the trouble of relisting the card, repackaging it, and making another run to the post office. Why? Because I couldn't be bothered to read a little bit further? The onus is on me.

I'm working on building a nice T206 set right now. Once I'm done, I might upgrade a few cards. Hell, I might upgrade a few before then. Until that day comes, I'll enjoy the cards I have, my Fred Clarke being one of them. All things considered, it looks pretty damned nice for a piece of century old cardboard.
You Sir have my respect for the way you handled this situation.