View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMiller25 View Post
2013- I didnt set any goals for 2013 as I was out of collecting this time last year, for the most part. I obviously got back into and acquired cards I like from the big names in Post War (Mantle, Mays, Aaron and Clemente) in as high grade as I could afford.

2014- I am down to just a few more Post War Rookies that I need and would like to add the rookie cards of the following: 51 Bowman Willie Mays, 48 Leaf Jackie Robinson, 54 Topps Ernie Banks, 55 Topps Koufax, 68 Topps Nolan Ryan, 68 Topps Johnny Bench and 62 Topps Lou Brock. Very doubtful that I acquire all of those cards next year, but assuming I did, I will turn my attention to Pre-War cards going forward with the following on my radar: 39 PB Williams RC, 33 Goudey Ruth #144 and #149, T206 Cobb Bat OFF, T206 Young Throwing, T206 Walter Johnson, T206 Cobb Green Portrait.

In reality that is probably my collecting goal for the next 5 years.
Your heading into the same battlefield i been in the last several months.
I been placing bids anywhere and everywhere for nice:
51 Bowman Mays RC, 54 Hank Aaron RC, Clemente RC, 52 Pafko #1 and placed a few pre-war bids on Cobb/Ruth and last night a Wagner.
Sometimes i venture into football RC's, i like to add a nice Ditka RC, Landry/Gifford RCs

2013-- i vastly collected a bunch of Mantles (main focus) at the end i finally got my 52 RC. My list is about done.. Selling off the other regular issues to make room for newer additions.
In all. i got some nice cards and helped out some individuals on the board.