Thread: 1935 Chicle Set
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 06:54 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamendo View Post
I was told that uncut sheets with players above #36 exist with an art decoo background, from someone at the time was a very reliable source... However, I have not personally seen them. Yet : )....maybe if someone asks me on the Gridiron Greats podcast this Weds, I'll tell the story.
+1 Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow night, Carl!

Every football card collector should consider two incredible resources that are out there:

1. The "Gridiron Greats: Football History and Its Memorabilia" podcast broadcasts every two weeks (on Wednesday's at 8pm) and is the only podcast I know of dedicated to football cards and memorabilia. Plus illustrious Net54 member Joe Squires (publius) is the co-host. You can listen live or download previous broadcasts from http://www.blogtalkradio.com/leatherheads

2. Read Gridiron Greats magazine. It's the only publication focused on the history and memorabilia of American football. The other co-host of the Gridiron Greats podcast is Bob Swick who is the editor of Gridiron Greats magazine and is a hard core football card collector as well. The web site for the magazine is www.gridirongreats.net

jeff