View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 01:21 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I will echo some of what others have said. Focus is a big deal...not that I am exactly a model for that. However, I have learned a lot about collecting this year, and I have a much clearer idea about what I want to accomplish. I need 11 more cards to finish 1941 Play Ball, so I will work on adding some of those in 2014. Also, I plan on purchasing mid-grade star cards from 57 Topps, 53 Bowman, and perhaps 52 Topps. I am going to sample these sets rather than try and complete anymore complete sets. 53 Topps and 41 Play Ball (I am sooo close that I will finish it) will be my only complete sets for the foreseeable future.

I do believe some of you guys have influenced me to make this significant change in my collecting strategy, and I am thankful for it. This had been on my mind for a while. For me and my limited budget, I feel it only makes sense to grab the cards that I really want, cards that really effect me. This will give me a chance to buy favorite cards from a multitude of sets, and that makes me happy. I prefer ungraded cards, but I am not opposed to slabbed cards at a reasonable price. I feel the need to make each purchase count. I have a wife, two young daughters, a mortgage, etc, so I am money conscious. This brings me back to where I started...staying locked in to my goals. I think it will be a great year! Happy collecting everyone!