View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
I will make my stance clear since several members are misinterpreting it.

- I have no comment when it comes to shilling. I do not deny that it happened.
- I have not and will not ever shill my own auctions.
- The constant berating of Rick is unnecessary and uncalled for.
- The SUPER MAJORITY of auctions are fine. I do not see comments ever made on those.
- I have offered to e-mail Rick on anyone's behalf who believe an auction is being shilled. He will act accordingly if it is.
- When his name is mentioned in conversation and the first thing out of the persons mouth (actually happened today viewing an inventory), "oh so you shill your auctions?" It hurts. Not everyone is honest and I get grouped into them because of your comments.
Maybe you are misinterpreting others.
-You acknowledge shilling but will not comment on it.
-You say you have not shilled your auctions. GOOD FOR YOU KEEP IT UP.
-The berating of Rick IS called for until he changes his ways.
-The SUPER MAJORITY of Ricks auctions are fine. Great what about the others?
-You unfortunately got grouped into the shiller group because of who YOU do business with.

I personally do not bid on anything he lists because of a very deceptive auction I wanted to bid on about 2 yrs ago. He listed a large lot of cards(approx. 100) with the cheap cards all fanned out in the picture. Cheap cards with about $1 each value so no big deal that I could not see them. Then he pictured 3(4) very rare error cards fanned out with some $5 each cards. He made it easy to see the error portion of 3 cards that I was willing to pay $300 each for. Then he hid the error portion on one card.
I messaged him to ask about the card that the error part was hidden behind another card. I got a very rude response back about how it was already packed for shipping and it was not worth his time to look at 1 card. I messaged him with in 1 hour of it being listed.
I understand a $300 card is nothing to some people but it IS a lot for a piece of cardboard for me especially when it could have been a $1 card he had hidden to make it look like it could be a rare error card.
Sorry for the long post I just wanted everyone to know shilling is not the only reason people dislike Rick.