View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 09:35 AM

The Fleer Team action cards are very overlooked IMHO.

In the last few years I have been picking up and trying to complete a run of sets from 1976 -1986.

While the 1976 Fleer in Action card can be tough to find, I believe the others are fairly available.

I picked up both the 77 and 79 Fleer sets for very reasonable prices, I believe under $50 for the 79 and I' can't quite remember on the 77 set, Im sure it was under $100, Maybe like $79 buck or so? So I would think the 78's would be similar. The 78 cards are the same as the 77 other than the yellow border and the one extra Super Bowl card added for that year. I think that being said they may not be as popular as the 77's.

I bought up a bunch of 1980, 81 and 82 Fleer Action Team Wax Boxes for $30-$40 each. I would venture a guess that 78 Fleer Wax Boxes could be a bit higher, but I would think any thing over $60-$90. I could be wrong though.

The fleer Team Action cards for whatever reason have never really caught on and seem to remain under appreciated as they are great looking cards.

Maybe someone more knowledgable than me will chime in with other thoughts on the Fleer Team action Cards.

After all this said, I don't have the 78 set and would be interested in a few boxes of them myself.

Im not sure how serious you might be about the 10 wax box lot, But I would be interested in a few of them depending on the price and Seller.

Did he list a price?

In closing I don't believe anyone is going to get rich quick off of 1978 Fleer Team Action, But with the way wax is these day, ya never know.

Please PM me with more info and weather you move to but the lot.

John