View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by base_ball View Post
There's a lot going on here and I won't comment until reading the actual lawsuit...but I will say this: you have to have a screw loose to buy so-called "game-used" memorabilia, no matter the source.
I don't comment much on this forum, but I found the article above to be quite amusing to me personally for the following reason/situation:

Back in 2008, I won an NFL Auctions listing for a 2007 Jets (Titans) throwback jersey documented to have been "game-worn" by a close friend of mine. Upon receiving the jersey, I figured I'd either give it back to my buddy or have him autograph it as a personal keepsake for myself, later in life. Needless to say, when I showed him the jersey, he laughed...Proper size? Yes. Proper game-time alterations? NO. According to his account, he'd already snagged the real game jersey from the Jets organization. He still signed my momento, and that jersey, whatever it represents, has been stashed in a closet ever since I had it autographed at the time. No big money changed hands, and the matter was not worth pursuing further then...Funny to see these more serious accusations years later.

edited to add: At the time, NFL Auctions was an extension of the nfl.com official website. I don't know if they still offer items for sale/auction to the general public, but related COA's were on official team stationary.

Last edited by OFF CENTER TRADING; 01-30-2014 at 10:20 AM.