View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 06:36 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmh71 View Post
Not to say this isn't bad, but aren't there people out there that need help too? I would start there before I moved onto animals.
I get where you're coming from here.

BUT to look at this from another angle, and tie it in to your sentiment. If somehow, we were to focus solely on the needs of people, instead of getting sidetracked with animals, and other assorted causes, then we could get the people in a position, where maybe they could help the animals, in the form of being capable of giving them homes... Basically, a little trickle down effect..

For every job that gets outsourced, downsized, or whatever, not only do we make it harder on that household to function at full capacity, we also make it harder for them to be able to afford pets... And for every family that loses a house, they also(more than likely) lose a home for their pets, or potential pets... Start with the people, and the pets will greatly benefit as well..

How many people can afford to care for a pet, in terms of food and other general costs(licenses, whatever), but don't because the basic veterinary care makes it unaffordable for them? Probably plenty. Imagine instead of money being given to the ASPCA or other assorted animal groups, that the money went to support veterinary costs for lower end households. NOT saying more money, but the EXACT same money. Personally, I think more would be accomplished in terms of finding permanent homes for these animals..

Having said that. I'd still donate for this cause...

Last edited by novakjr; 02-09-2014 at 06:41 AM.