View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
My opinion...if u must collect T206!!!!!! Would be to NOT go after team sets...unless you think you may go after the whole set...this is a bad investment!

Go after individual cards...I like the horizontals...or just specific players/poses you fancy...even better if they are HOF'ers...SL'ers are tougher and will hold value well in the future.

If you are just sticking to fronts...the above criteria will be a good investment in your enjoyment and beyond.

If u think you'd like to collect the backs...go after mid grade tougher backs...avoiding the real toughies unless you want to spend a lot of $$$$....go after the BL's...the Carolina Brights...the hindu's...the EPDG...these should hold value well...again...much better if the fronts are H'ofers.

I'd avoid "fads" like Mullin, Titus.

As a reformed T206 backs collector/type collector...I love the idea of going for a run as this encompasses lots of diff styles of collecting all in one.
Now you want to finally give your opinion on this set that you hate sooooo much...why now

Anyway, who said Jesse is investing anything? He is trying to find something to "collect"...that's what most of us are trying to do here, right? Pete, stick to your big glove Miller run

The point I was trying to make with making the starting point with a team set is that it's relatively cheap if he decides to go that route and not break the bank with HOFers only or SLers. This way he can get nice looking examples for the same price he would be spending on Poor-good examples of the HOFers/Slers...that was the main point. And after that he will have a better idea where to go from there.

As far as investing, go get some Cobbs or Ruth cards if you are looking to cash in later, but that is for a different thread and purpose.

Jesse, what kind of money are you looking to spend on each card and what condition do you want to collect them in? This will help narrow your decision a bit. If he is ok with spending close to $200 on an overrated Pelty, then horizontals may be up his alley.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48

Last edited by freakhappy; 02-14-2014 at 01:25 PM.