View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Hope it works out and seller realizes it was not your fault. I have not sold on ebay for a while and have paypal but try to never use it. My question is when you refunded the buyer do they still get charged the $.35 and 3% transaction fee on the refund? Just curious.
If you do an actual refund of a portion of the original payment, Paypal will tell you what portion of that refund is coming out of your account balance and what portion is refunded from the original fees they charged you. They refund the portion of the fees that applied to the amount you are refunding.

I'm not sure how eBay handles refunds these days though. It used to be that you got charged Final Value Fees on whatever amount the buyer paid, but when you refunded, there was no pro-rated refund of the FVF's. The reasoning was that eBay didn't know if you were refunding a portion of the item price or a portion of the shipping cost (this was before they charged FVF's on both item price and shipping). I'm not sure if it's still that way or not though now that they charge FVF's on everything. I haven't taken the time to dig through my invoice to determine.