View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 11:55 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCabron View Post
I don't understand why it's not mandatory for people to put their name by every post, not just "opinionated" ones. Just add it to your tagline, or underneath your avatar. There are some guys that have been posting here for years and I still have no idea what their actual names are. If you really need anonymity, maybe a public forum isn't for you.

-Ryan
Imagine if somebody like Derek Jeter, a man that is intensely private, collected vintage baseball cards, and in an attempt to learn more about his hobby, he signed up on Net 54. He could ask questions, and participate in general discussions, while maintaining his privacy at the same time. If he were forced to disclose his real name, think about the number of questions, and requests, he'd be inundated with.

There are over 70,000 active members on this forum, and nearly 200,000 in total. There are bound to be some pretty famous people among them. In fact, we know that there are. They should be able to log on and enjoy themselves the same way that you or I do.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 02-20-2014 at 11:56 PM.